Nowadays, there are an increasing emphasis in healthy eating and people tend to be more health conscious in what every they are eating. They prefer to steam, bake, grill, braise, boil or microwave your foods, rather than deep fry them. But without good tools to help, it will be a much hassle to cook even one meal.
Beko understand the needs of simple and fast cooking tools to help homeowners to cook a healthy yet delicious meals for their loved ones.
With series of products created just for homeowners, they have successfully covered most of the healthy cooking styles. From boiling, grinding, baking and many more.
Beko Malaysia has recently organized a series of healthy cooking workshop for local influencers to showcase how easy it is cooking at home in this modern era. Among the 2 recipe that has been shared by Beko Malaysia were; Blueberry Yoghurt Scones and Cottage Pie.
Blueberry Yoghurt Scones
50 gm all-purpose flour
50 gm oatmeal flour
150 gm whole wheat flour
50 gm honey/maple syrup
5 gm baking powder
5 gm baking soda
1 tbsp vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
5 tbsp plain yoghurt
2 tbsp coconut oil
80 gm blueberries (fresh/frozen)
Zest of an orange
A pinch of cinnamon powder
How to cook:
1) Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius
2) In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt
3) In a separate bowl, add yoghurt, vanilla, coconut oil, maple syrup and egg whites. Mix until well combined. The pour into the bowl with dry ingredients and stir until just moist. Mixture should be crumbly.
4) Gently fold in blueberies
5) Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead. Form dough into a 6-inch circle into 6 wedges.
6) Brush the top of the circle with coconut oil and honey. The sprinkle some cinnamon powder on top.
7) Bake in to overn for 15-20 minutes or until the top is golden brown
1kg beef, minced
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
10 gm leek
1 red onion diced
2 sticks celery diced
2 cloves garlic diced
1 tbsp tomato puree
6 sun-dried tomatoes chopped
500 ml beef or chicken stock
4 sprigs thyme
3 bay leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
How to cook:
1) In a non-stick pan, add beef and fry for about 5 minutes until brown. Set aside.
2) In another pan, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and add onion, carrot and celery. Cook on low to medium hear until soft for about 4 minutes
3) Add the leek and fry for 2 minutes
4) Return the beef to the pan and add garlic, tomato puree, sun-dried tomatoes and pepper. Fry for 3 more minutes.
5) Add the herbs and stock into the pan and allow to simmer on medium heat, uncovered for 25 minutes.
6) Then turn to low heat and simmer for further 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
7) Once cooked, remove the bay leaves and thyme stalks.
8) In a large pot over medium heat, boil potatoes, cauliflower and celeriac for 10-20 minutes, season with salt and pepper.
9) Drain the vegetables and blend in a food processor until smooth. Then, slowly add milk until desired consistency achieved.
10) Spread the beef and vegetables into a casserole dish and top with mash.
11) Level the mash with a spatula and brush some olive oil on top. Bake in a preheated oven at 190 degree Celcius or 25 minutes
To check out how Beko products could help in cooking these foods, view the video to know more. If you would like to get more information on Beko’s products, check out their website at https://www.beko.com/my-en