TM Roh shares that consumer response to the newly-launched Galaxy S23 series in Southeast Asia has exceeded expectations
During a recent visit to Malaysia, TM Roh, President and Head of Samsung Electronics’ Mobile eXperience (MX) Business, revealed that the response to the new Galaxy S23 Series in Southeast Asia has been highly positive.
“After unveiling the Galaxy S23 series, we have received a very positive market response in this region. Compared to the Galaxy S22 series, demand for pre-orders has increased, and interest in the Galaxy S23 Ultra has exceeded expectations,” said TM Roh.
He also noted that a majority of consumers in Southeast Asia have selected Galaxy S23 models with higher storage capacities for their pre-orders.
Highlighting the significant market opportunity in Southeast Asia, he said, “Many consumers in this dynamic region, especially the younger demographic, have high interest in advanced and new mobile experiences. In the Galaxy S23 series, we have brought together innovative experiences in terms of camera, gaming and connectedness in a single smartphone. We have also used a wider variety of recycled materials in more components than in any other Samsung Galaxy smartphone, raising the bar for premium technology so consumers can enjoy the best experience while contributing to a healthier planet.”
Notwithstanding current challenges in the macro-economic climate, TM Roh stated that Samsung continues to pave the path for future growth through its full line-up of enhanced products, including the S series, Z series and A series, to offer a holistic premium experience for consumers.
He emphasized Samsung’s strength in providing a connected experience through an ecosystem of Galaxy devices such as smartphones, wearables, and tablets, as well as Samsung’s TV and home appliances. “The strength and resilience of the premium categories across our MX business will help us create and prepare for the future,” he said.
Creating Premium Mobile Experiences with Consumers in Mind
The new Galaxy S23 series has revolutionized how innovation, quality and sustainability can be realised together in a smartphone, and was developed with customer feedback in mind. Sharing his experience when visiting Southeast Asia, TM Roh elaborated on the three key areas that have set a new benchmark for Samsung Galaxy’s powerful, lasting innovations in delivering the ultimate premium phone experience:
- Epic Camera: The Galaxy S23 Ultra features a groundbreaking camera, coupled with improved capabilities such as enhanced AI to enable anyone to create professional-grade photos, cinematic videos and Nightography
- Premium Performance: Samsung has collaborated exclusively with Qualcomm to create the Snapdragon® 8 Gen 2 Mobile Platform for Galaxy, delivering the most powerful and efficient platform ever in a Samsung Galaxy smartphone and the fastest Snapdragon available today that is great for gaming and more
- Designed with the Planet in Mind: The Galaxy S23 series uses a wider variety of recycled materials than any other Galaxy smartphone and features Corning® Gorilla® Glass Victus® 2 consisting of an average of 22 percent pre-consumer recycled content.
Summarizing how the Galaxy S23 series has raised the bar and showcased technology’s potential to enrich people’s lives, TM Roh said, “We put consumer needs first behind all our innovations, and we are working with partners globally to deliver the best technology and experiences of the future.”
From 24 February 2023 onwards, Galaxy S23 Ultra, Galaxy S23+ and Galaxy S23 will be available nationwide in Malaysia, and on https://www.samsung.com/my/. Get the most talked-about device right now, the Galaxy S23 series, and receive a free Galaxy Watch5 (40mm) worth RM1,099 with your purchase from 24 February to 31 March 2023.
For more information on the latest Galaxy S23 Series, please visit:
- Galaxy S23 Ultra: https://www.samsung.com/my/smartphones/galaxy-s23-ultra/buy/
- Galaxy S23+ | Samsung Galaxy S23: https://www.samsung.com/my/smartphones/galaxy-s23/buy/