Chinese New Year is just around the corner. Many of us had now been achieving our financial goals in 2020 due to the pandemic. Hopping 2021 would be a better year, seems like the pandemic is not going away any time soon.
Hence this is the right time to relook at your finances goals and restrategize on them. Hong Leong Bank Berhad (“HLB” or the “Bank”) has recently launched its Chinese New Year (“CNY”) campaign ‘Renew Together, Prosper Together’, which aims to continue supporting Malaysians renew, refresh and rebuild stronger in 2021 and beyond.
The CNY campaign features attractive interest rates and new savings opportunities as well as lucrative cashback for e-Ang Pows via DuitNow.
Speaking at the virtual launch of the campaign, Domenic Fuda, Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of HLB shared that the spirit of reunion and coming together to overcome challenges is even more profound this Lunar New Year. CNY, also known as ‘Guo Nian’ in Chinese, literally means overcoming Nian, a beast that would cause untold destruction to villages on CNY eve. It was said that a group of villagers worked together to chase away Nian. Since then, generations of people unite and come together every CNY eve, celebrating with full festivities to ensure Nian does not return.
It seems fitting to compare COVID-19, to the Nian of our time. The events of the past year have triggered circumstances that call for a re-examination on how we explore new possibilities to serve and support customers, how we work and support each other, and how we interact and build relationships to continue operating effectively. If CNY traditions have one thing to impart on us, it is that we can always overcome any challenges by being united in our mind, spirit, purpose, and actions.”
Charles Sik, Managing Director of Personal Financial Services of HLB on the other hand shared that recovery and rebuilding new beginnings are key focus areas for many consumers and businesses this year. “Keeping in mind that Malaysians will continue to forge ahead this year with optimism, determination, and patience, we have curated a host of Ox-picious offerings to help everyone re-energize their finances and lifestyle this CNY. We will also be rewarding businesses who embrace going cashless while making sure the ang pow giving traditions live on through digital means. After all, when we ‘Renew Together, we Prosper Together’.”
The virtual event ended with a virtual lou sang ] together with the media attendees (which has been received by all media attendees before the event) representing a toss of good luck and prosperity. Looking forward to a great 2021 under the year of Metal Ox.
Curious to know more about Hong Leong’s HLB CNY 2021 offerings? Checout some of the promotions that are running below:
RE-ENERGIZE YOUR SAVINGS
Online e-FD Offer:
• Customers placing their FDs online from 11 – 26 Feb’21 can enjoy 2.40%p.a. for 6 months. T&C apply.
• Deposit RM888 on 28 February to earn 10 entries to stand a chance to win 20.21% p.a. 1 Day-Bonus Interest/Profit
RE-ENERGIZE YOUR FINANCES WITH ONLINE PERSONAL LOANS
• Enjoy 5% p.a. flat interest rate
RE-ENERGIZE YOUR FINANCIAL PLANS WITH NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Unit Trust Offer
• Start a Regular savings plan @ 0% sales charge (“SC”) for 1st subscription + 2.5% SC for the next 12 subscriptions
• Enhance your protection for you & loved ones this year. Sign up for a Regular Premium Plan & enjoy up to 4% p.a. FD rate.
• The first 100 to sign up wins a Swarovski Bowl Set with Eu Yan Sang YEN Bird Nest, with a minimum annual premium of RM36,000.
HLISB (TIA-i) (8 Jan – 31 Mar 2021)
• Enjoy indicative returns of 2.35% p.a. for 3 months and 2.40% p.a. for 6 months
• Every RM5000 in your placement gains 1 entry to stand a chance to win an iPad Air
RE-ENERGIZE YOUR LIFESTYLE WITH CREDIT CARDS
• Apply for a new Credit Card and get RM950 cashback
RE-ENERGIZE YOUR BUSINESS WITH SME OFFERS
• New merchants enjoy 0% fee on debit card transactions when signing up for HLB all-in-one POS terminal
• Stand a chance to win up to RM10,000 by joining HLB’s ‘PaySafeLah’ photo contest:
Sign up on our promo page & receive a parcel from us
Post a photo of yourself encouraging customers to go cashless on social media with #hlbpaysafelah #mydebitje
Fill up a simple form at http://www.hlb.com.my/merchantphotocontest
RE-ENERGIZE YOUR CNY WITH DUITNOW/E-ANGPOW
• Over RM150k up for grabs. 1,050 total daily winners (RM88) and 75x grand prize winners (RM888)
• For every 3,088th e-angpow transaction done in a day, 30 customers will win RM88 daily from 25 January to 28 February
• For every 20,888th e-angpow transaction done in a day, 5 customers will win RM888 daily from 12 to 26 February
Check out more exciting ways to re-energize your finances and lifestyle at http://www.hlb.com.my/en/personal-banking/campaigns/promotions/hlb-cny-2021-promotions.html.
RENEW AND REFRESH WITH DATO’ JOEY YAP AND MR MONEY
Apart from the exciting offerings, HLB has roped in renowned Chinese metaphysics Dato’ Joey Yap and popular financial planning personality, Mr Money to share 2021 Fengshui insights and financial planning tips LIVE on @HLBMalaysia Facebook Page for all Malaysians on 5th Feb 2021, 8.30pm. Participants tuning in stand to win prizes worth RM3,888 during the session.
If you are looking for ways to Thrive in 2021, this is one of the events that you wouldn’t want to miss. Learn how to get the best out of the pandemic and making 2021 the best year you will have in your life.
To highlight the Malaysian spirit that continues to shine through in 2021, HLB released a campaign video – a blend of live-action and 2D animation – to capture the essence of what it means to band together against a common foe, through the ‘Legend of Nian’ in a video titled ‘Nian: The Untold Story’. To watch ‘Nian: The Untold Story’ video, please click here https://youtu.be/eoRo7cJAzaU.