Dash cams may not be quite the curiosities they once were, but they still aren’t all that common among drivers.
But why having a dash cam are important to you and your safety?
With so many rash, reckless, drunken, and inexperienced drivers around you never know when you may get involved in an accident at no fault of your own! Beyond the immediate shock and damage done to your car, you will still have to deal with the police report, insurance, and possible lawsuit. It’s pretty difficult to prove your innocence when it comes to an accident, since you not only need a witness who can testify to your innocence, but someone who is WILLING to take time out of their busy schedule to do so.
Wouldn’t it be handy if you already had an all seeing, unblinking, dash cam recording the scenario that unfolded? Once and for all proving the accident was 100% not your fault? Another important reason why you should consider buying a dash cam is because this will help you report undisciplined drivers. Every driver has had at least one bad encounter with a bad driver, throughout his “driving career”.
Not only are these reckless and irresponsible drivers very bothersome and annoying, but they might actually put the lives of other drivers and innocent passengers in danger. However, reporting the bad behavior of an undisciplined driver can be a daunting task, as this often requires proof – if you do not have an eye witness to testify on your behalf, then the case usually goes cold.
The dash cam can actually be used to report a variety of drivers who do not act according to their status, when in traffic. You can use it for drunk drivers or reckless drivers who text and drive, you can use it for reporting road rage accidents and such.
Recently we at eRayn3 found a newly launched dash cam has all the functions to protect us while driving or parking. With other dash cams, users are required to remove the device’s memory card to access the videos on a computer. This is a lengthy and cumbersome process that could aggravate an already stressful situation. The WIFI-enabled Mio dashcams greatly simplify this process by backing up recorded video onto a mobile phone in real time.
Mio WIFI Automatic backup Features:
- Real-time file backup: The device backs up event footage immediately so that videos are preserved and can be easily accessed
- Uninterrupted video recording: Continues recording while the device connects with a mobile phone via WIFI
- Optimized transmission file sizes: The device is set to record 20-second event videos (5 seconds before and 15 seconds after the incident) to ensure optimized transmission file sizes
- Download resume: With one simple click, a video file download will start from where it left off if interrupted.
- No interruption of calls: Users can still answer calls on their phone while videos are being backed up
- Dual-camera support: Supports dual camera video file backup
High quality image adjustment technology enhances crystal-clear video image.
- Loop recording: microSD™ card will automatically start over to cover the previous video clip when memory is full.
- Automatic emergency record lock-up: when emergencies/incidents happen, the system will lock up the relevant video clip in a standalone file folder without overwriting it.
- High-temperature resistant: operating temperature resistant up to 60 degrees Celsius.
The MiVue 792 features Sony’s high quality STARVIS™ super low-light CMOS sensor that features near-infrared sensitivity, allowing four-time enhancement for video footage captured at night. What’s more, the MiVue 792 is equipped with 140o-degree wide-angle recording, F.18 aperture, and Mio’s exclusive image adjustment technology so that footage can be enhanced. On top of this, the device captures Full HD 1080p video quality at 60 FPS for sharp, clear videos.
In addition, the MiVue 792 comes with built-in GPS function which automatically records your driving information, including speed, altitude, longitude, latitude and heading. Users can use the parking mode function with an external power source.
Never underestimate the power of dash cams! If you look at the online videos of car accidents and unexpected phenomena, you will see that most of them have been accidentally caught on camera and very few of them have actually been recorded on purpose. In other words, a dash cam can help you capture the things that you least expect them to.
What’s In The Box:
- Dash Cam
- Power Cable
- User Guide
- SD Card
- Dash Cam Holder
MiVue dash cam has an option to add an additional back camera for easy parking too and it comes with a 3 year main device warranty for all of its model. For more information on MiVue Dash cam, check out their website at http://www.mio.com/my/ or their facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MioMalaysia/