Of all the superfoods out there, the most remarkable of them all is a little green grass!
Who would have thought that the innocuous, delicate little wheatgrass could pack such a powerful punch when it comes to health benefits?
Wheatgrass is the young grass of the common wheat plant called triticum aestivum, an incredible edible grass that can be juiced into a “wheatgrass shot,” or milled down into a fine green powder that’s used to create a multipurpose product for both humans and animals.
Lots of testimonies and studies have emerged over the years on the benefits of consuming raw wheatgrass juice for health conditions including the common colds and coughs, constipation and colitis, skin conditions, infections and inflammations. It is also increasingly being researched for heart diseases and cancer.
Juice Works is the first in Malaysia to offer pure and wholesome wheatgrass that are freshly harvested and juiced on the spot upon orders, and served in small shots with a wedge of orange to balance its slightly bitter taste, or added into a juice or smoothie.
The wheatgrass offered by Juice Works Malaysia are grown and harvested right before the customer to preserve the rich supplies of living enzymes in each blade of grass.
“I’d advise a slow and steady start should you wish to incorporate wheatgrass in your daily diet,” says Ling.
“Just take one ounce a day and gradually build it to two ounces. But because wheatgrass is so potent, all you really need is just two ounces a day to enjoy its many benefits. It’s also best to take it on an empty stomach where it could be better absorbed.”
Need further convincing to begin taking in more wheatgrass in your daily diet? Here are 25 reasons:
- Wheatgrass is a treasure chest of live chlorophyll, which gives leafy plants its signature deep green colours, and serves as a crucial component for blood
- This delicate plant contains a multitude of the freshest vitamins, minerals and enzymes in one easy to digest drink
- Chlorophyll contains living enzymes, which fights free radicals in the body to slow down the aging process
- Chlorophyll helps manage and even halts the growth of unfriendly bacteria from growing and thriving in the body
- While chlorophyll can be extracted from various plants, wheatgrass contains a far superior amount as it includes vast stores of other elements
- Chlorophyll helps heal and treat layers of the skin for conditions such as eczema, itching and poisoning
- Wheatgrass helps clears up congestions and colds and even chronic sinusitis
- Chlorophyll helps to purify the liver from an overload of toxins ingested daily
- It also helps balance blood sugar levels
- Wheatgrass is regarded as nutritionally complete food as it contains a full spectrum of vitamins, minerals, and trace elements required by the body
- It helps detoxifies the body in many ways
- Wheatgrass helps to deal with irritable bowel disease and improves digestion
- It is also a skin cleanser and can be absorbed if the body is immersed in a warm tub with the juice included
- Wheatgrass aids in arthritis pain relieve when placed over a joint, as chlorophyll fights inflammation
- Dandruff problems? Just rub a few tablespoons of wheatgrass juice over the scalp and let it soak for 20 minutes. It’s even been said to help with reversing the appearance of gray hair!
- Wheatgrass is safe for those who are allergic or intolerant to gluten because it’s harvested before the grain has begun
- Wheatgrass creates an oxygen-rich environment in the human body
- It also helps heals scars when it’s rubbed across the skin or alternatively, you can just pour the juice into an ice cube tray to freeze and used at any time
- Wheatgrass is an invaluable aid for weight loss as its manages the thyroid gland and its abundance of elements also help you with cravings
- Wheatgrass acts as a great natural mouthwash. Gargle wheatgrass juice for a few minutes where it helps to prevent tooth decay, alleviate toothaches and treat bleeding gums
- Wheatgrass contains anti-oxidant properties, which help lower total blood cholesterol and increase HDL or good cholesterol and levels of vitamin C in the blood
- Wheatgrass is rich in fibre content, which improves digestive health especially when consumed as part of a diet rich with soluble and insoluble fibres like fresh fruits and vegetables
- It is a natural sleeping aid yet it also helps improve nerve signaling and creates better mental well being
- Wheatgrass offers a power packed boost to the immune by increasing the red blood cell count to offer more energy
Juice Works offers Wheatgrass Shot (20 ml) at only RM 3.70. Drop by to their kiosk and get one of this Wheatgrass Shot today!