When comes to French pastries, you will definitely think of the yummy pastries sold in the bakery shops. But it’s not just that, French pastries comes in many different forms of pastries and desserts.
If you realised, not many cafes in KL specialises in french patisserie and desserts. But recently we found one of the cafes in Taman Bukit Desa named Encore stands out among the crowd and is always packed no matter what time of the day it is.
Encore is a much loved French-style patisserie offering sweet treats, scrumptious savouries and their Australian house brand coffee at their café. It has been the routine hang out place for all the local residence living nearby with their families and friends.
Based on our first visit there, we found out a few food higlights that you must try when you visit them:
- Lamb Ragout served with slow cooked lamb with homemade tomato sauce tossed with linguine pasta & topped with aged grated parmesan cheese.
- Duck Confit. Slow cooked duck leg served with truffled potato puree, sauteed shimeji mushroom, sugar bean, sun-dried tomato & cranberry sauce.
- Lemongrass Chicken Skewer .
- Bircher Muesli. Oats served with cranberries, grated apple, milk, orange juice, topped with blueberries & strawberries.
- Basil Pesto Chicken Wrap. Trotilla warp with crispy chicken, gem lettuce, tomato, egg, fresh grated parmesan cheese, basil pesto mayo & curly fries.
- Tiramisu. Espresso infused sponge cake with mascarpone cream cheese.
- Lemon Tart. It taste like pineapple tart but feels like egg tart dessert.
- Opera Cake with Vanila Ice Cream.
Encore also served High Tea Set (with Mille Feuile, Chicken Mushroom Pie, Australian Beef Pie, Egg Sandwich, Tuna Sandwich, Mini Cheese Tart and other pastries) for 2 pax with any tea of your choice at anytime of the day at only RM 50.
For more information on Encore, you may visit https://www.facebook.com/encore.malaysia/